Friday, April 20, 2012

We have dates!

Okay, June 25 (Monday) and June 26 (Tuesday) will be our dates.  The hospital is scheduled for June 26, and the MRI and neurosurgeon visit are still being arranged for June 25.  I imagine that we will head home June 28 (Thursday) or June 29 (Friday).  I will be getting information about the Ronald McDonald House when I receive the paperwork with the dates officially in writing.  Simon will have 3 weeks before the surgery to be kept away from germ-infested kids and 5-1/2 solid weeks at home after the surgery before returning to karate daycare and then school. 
I have a couple of dominant emotions now.  For one, I feel like we are "cheating" on Dr. Gegg (one of the neurosurgeons).  The last time we were at Arnold Palmer to see Simon's audiologist, we ran into Dr. Gegg in the atrium.  He stared at Simon for a while and asked how he was doing.  I did not mention that we were going ahead with surgery plans without him.  It is not like we don't like him or anything; far from it!  The team split up, and it just makes logical sense to go with the familiar surgeon who will be more involved this time around.
Second, I am amazed at how good I have been doing at pushing it all inside, but I do find myself choked up when I have to explain it to someone.  Not very many people around us know what is happening this summer, and I am not sure how many will know.  I feel responsible for what others feel when I tell them, and I just do not have the energy to hold others up right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment