Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Our Needs

I have received a couple of messages these past weeks of friends and family saying that they are there for us, whatever the need. Considering where we live and the time of year, I am doubtful of the honesty of those messages, but then I realize that I need to make the needs known before anyone can have the opportunity to help fill them. The needs I am about to list are actually a mix of needs we have due to my mom's death and due to Simon's surgery. This blog is supposed to be about the surgery, but the timing of my mother's death makes the events intertwined. So, what do we need?

1. We need a housesitter next week. Our neighbor has agreed to collect the mail and papers, but it would be a huge relief to have someone here to watch and maintain things. An added bonus would be to come home to a freshly mowed lawn.

2. My dad needs visitors. After my brothers and sister-in-law leave soon, he is going to be all alone in the house. Phone calls and physical visitors will go a long ways to helping him.

3. My dad needs ideas on how to do everything for 1, especially cooking.

4. We need meals. The weeks after Simon's surgery will be difficult as we will be exhausted and occupied with caring for Simon and driving to post-op visits.

5. We need (healthy) visitors. We will be going stir-crazy in the post-op weeks.

6. We need prayers. First, pray that Simon is quickly over the cold he has right now. Then, pray that the surgery and recovery go well. Also, pray that we find energy and strength, as the reserves are low.

7. We need gas cards. I have done a ton of driving between home, Brandon, Tampa, St. Petersburg, Winter Haven, and everything en route over the last few weeks. We have a ton of driving to look forward to in the upcoming weeks.

8. In a few weeks, we need a date night. Chris and I go out together maybe twice a year. We are long overdue and will need some time together once Simon is on the mend.

9. Chris needs some job leads.

10. We need encouragement.

No comments:

Post a Comment