Monday, June 4, 2012

Feelin' Groovy

Today, I am feeling optimistic, hopeful, and eager. Maybe this has to do with having a good weekend with my boys? I caught up on missed sleep Friday and Saturday. Then, we went out most of the day yesterday and had fun together. We went to a place where we could ride go-carts, feed alligators, and play arcade games at a huge markdown thanks to a Google offer. Then, I had a coupon for Logan's Roadhouse so that I could finally have the steak dinner I had been hoping for since Mother's Day and then my birthday. We hit Barnes and Noble Books so that I could spend some gift cards, and we checked Target for a bicycle that I have saved for. The bike was not in stock, but I should be able to get it soon. We were able to go out for a while and just forget about things, and I finally had a day where I did not keep reminding myself to treasure it because of the "what if's" that loom with surgery.
So, today, I am rested and ready to tackle the various household things that are staring me in the face. I keep thinking about how this is the last week of school for my boys, and then I think about how I just have 2 more weeks of the summer term after this week. Then, I think about the surgery the week after that, and I am seeing it as something to look forward to getting over with. Maybe, after this round, we will be done with the surgeries. We will get through this and be able to move on with things, achieving a sense of normalcy. I really have that hope this time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment